Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

How to Answer Any Question A Interviewer Could Possibly Throw At You!

January 29, 2012
By

Finding New Car-8 Hours Of Research. Job Interview Preparation 30 Minutes! Foolish?

Why would you spend 8x more time looking for a new car or a new flat panel display for your house as opposed to  preparing for a job interview? We are strange creatures:). As an older skilled work you know what it takes. But the question is how.

In less than 15 minutes you will learn how to:
    * Be ready with the best answers to job interview questions.

* Increase your confidence; easily calm nerves or fear.

* “Package & Spin” your work experience so it is a perfect fit for the job.
    * Position yourself as the BEST candidate for the job.

Get your Guide to Interviewer Questions and kill your Next Job Interview -click here

26 Responses to How to Answer Any Question A Interviewer Could Possibly Throw At You!

1. Anonymous on September 5, 2011 at 1:41 am

How to Answer Any Question A Interviewer Could Possibly Throw At You!

A Interviewer should be An Interviewer

2. Anonymous on September 12, 2011 at 2:11 pm

WHY DID YOU LEAVE YOUR LAST JOB?

3. oceanflash08 on September 12, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Yes a good open ended question.

4. Randee on October 15, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Ive been asked some odd questions lately.
    The interviewers are looking for creative solutions and quick thinkers.
    "How Would You Move Mount Fuji?"
    "Why are manhole covers round?"
    "If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?"

5. One Step on October 15, 2011 at 4:34 pm

If you were sat here on my side of the table what would you ask me?

6. Anonymous on October 29, 2011 at 3:56 pm

"I'm sorry……….but I don't think you are the right fit for this job"

7. Anonymous on November 2, 2011 at 9:25 pm

For curly questions, I always say "That's an interesting? then smile then a pregnant pause. It should give you a good 10 to 15 second moment to think before you answer

8. Anonymous on November 2, 2011 at 9:26 pm

oppss, I should have written……For curly questions, I always say "That's an interesting Question? then smile then a pregnant pause. It should give you a good 10 to 15 second moment to think before you answer

9. Anonymous on November 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Here's a good question for you to ask your interviewer:
    "If I were to ask your key employees what it is that they like best about working here, what do you thik they would say?" Then later ask for the opportunity to meet with some of the employees… and ask them the question. See if their answers match the interviewer's perception.

10. Kelly Bovier Stearman on December 12, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Anonymous November 6 ===> fantastic question. I've asked this before, and it works beautifully. Gives an insight beyond the words spoken, and gives you a chance to engage with other employees, building rapport (and maybe finding there is no rapport).

- Kelly

Kelly Bovier Stearman
    Connect with me if you like.

11. [...] ace their next job interview.  You “need to be a salesperson when you interview”. Learn How To Prepare Yourself for Difficult Interview Questions Share [...]

12. Libbie Zion on February 15, 2012 at 11:55 am

I carry on listening to the news bulletin lecture about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i acquire some?

13. Pat Clerk on February 15, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my site :)

14. Marc Littlejohn on June 4, 2012 at 9:11 am

One of my best follow up questions to an employer is, “Who is the perfect candidate for this position”? Can you describe this person?

Also, as you talk about your experience be sure to use positive words, so many people are interviewing for jobs that are just on the edge of their experience. It’s important to not shut yourself out or sound inflexible so you want to say things like, “I have experience in…..”, I have worked cross- functionally in doing…..”,
    You never want to sound like you just can’t do something and are not open to doing what ever the function is.
    I have found that many positions have been combined, marketers doing sourcing, designers doing product development etc.
    I have found visualizing yourself in the position allows you to speak with confidence and familiarity.

15. Adam W on June 4, 2012 at 2:09 pm

The two questions I like to ask are:

1.) What do you expect for the person to accomplish who will ultimately fill this position in 3, 6 and 12 months?

2.) What do you consider 3 traits of individuals who have succeeded at the company and more specifically, in this role?

16. John on August 12, 2012 at 9:28 am

In case you get the manhole question in your next interview…why are they round? If they were square they could possibly be dropped down the hole, they are round so that they cannot be dropped down the hole.

I had an interview question, How do you prioritize responding to a high volume of emails? How do you choose which one to respond to next?

17. Natalia on August 13, 2012 at 10:27 am

John,

Sometimes the questions are asked to determine how you deal with the unexpected. Did you get a second interview or the job?

18. [...] post How to Answer Any Question A Interviewer Could Possibly Throw At You! appeared first on Interns Over [...]

19. Md. Helal Uddin on October 25, 2012 at 3:18 am

Your topics is good & I appreciate you for your thinking.

But I have some question that nobody maintains any normality during interview behalf of interviewer.
    Your topics are good & I appreciate you for your thinking.

How you evaluate someone within 30 minutes? Some people are introvert & some people are extroverts.

You can get a written exam on his/her experience. I think no need to check academic qualification in case of experience people during interview. You can check everything of applicant related with service with academic qualification before interview.

If you allow someone according their written test then get an interview.
    Salary negotiation- Never does it in interview board. Negotiate salary before call for interview. You can place that this is our budget; if you want you can come in interview. For this reason both side are gainer. No need to know previous salary by other company.
    Can you agree with me? Do something to overcome it.

Give importance on related person not position before making interview board.

You will hire a manager-HR & Admin, In this case no need to include MD, Director in interview board. You can make interview board by HR & Admin personnel only.

Thanking you for your time.

20. Diana on October 27, 2012 at 2:48 pm

An interview question that caught me off-gaurd:
    “Where do you get your ideas from?”

21. how to Make quick money on November 8, 2012 at 1:59 am

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources
    back to your blog? My website is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would truly benefit from some of the information
    you present here. Please let me know if this okay with you.
    Regards!

22. Natalia on November 12, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Go right ahead. Thanks.

23. Rifaat Jafari on November 15, 2012 at 4:24 am

Ummm. If you ask this question – what wld employees say about you – doesn’t it sound presumptuous and secondly isn’t it kind of challenging the interviewer ? I think it would ruffle the person up and more than likely trash your chances of being hired – unless the interviewer is really mature and professional.

24. online applications for jobs on November 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Pretty! This was a really wonderful post. Thank you for
    providing this info.

25. [...] 4 Use your experience to your advantage. True, potential employers may send you packing with lines like, “You’re overqualified for this position,” but you may be able to counter such quick dismissals with a few one-liners of your own. Tory Johnson, founder of Women for Hire, suggests these responses: “I thought about that very issue before I applied. I realized that because I’m committed to this line of work, my experience would be a tremendous asset.” Or: “I have 20 years of experience in this industry. I’d love to apply that insight to solving problems and creating successes for this company and mentoring other people.”Click Here to Read Full ArticleHave you been looking for a inexpensive way to build an effective resume? Start Now [...]

26. Steven R on June 2, 2014 at 10:58 am

A few of my favorites to ask:

“What change in the company has had the most impact on its employee’s?”
    “What has been the most fun experience you have had working for the company?”
    “Is the company flexible when it comes to the project scope needed for your products to succeed?”
    “As an employee, what single thing in the company fosters loyalty and service?”

Hope U enjoy ;)